Written by by Sarah Mallen, Careers Information and Guidance Coordinator at the Careers Service and Samantha Oates-Miller, Careers Insights and Graduate Support Assistant at the Careers Service
CareerConnect is the Career Service’s new platform for graduate opportunities and jobs, employer sessions, careers workshops and application advice and careers guidance appointments.
As a graduate, you have access to CareerConnect and all of our support and services for two years after completing your course.
Here’s how to register for your free, graduate CareerConnect account:
I’ve previously updated my account with a non-student email – what happens now?
If you have updated your CareerConnect profile with a non-student email address (like a gmail, for example), we will contact you via this email address to tell you that it is time to activate your graduate account.
Activate your account by:
- Selecting ‘Forgot Password’ on the graduate registration page https://careerconnect.manchester.ac.uk/ and following the instructions.
- When using ‘Forgot Password’ to activate your account please use the email address that you received the notification on.
- Once you have access to your account you can change this email address if you prefer.
This isn’t working or if your account was registered to your student email address you will need to use the following steps.
- Simply click the ‘graduate sign in’ button and fill in the short registration form. You will need a non-student email address and your Alumni ID number.*
- You will receive an email confirming your account and asking you to create a password.
*If you do not know your Alumni ID number, please do not fill out the form until you know it.
- Your Alumni ID and Student ID is the same number.
- If you do not have your Student/Alumni ID card, check emails from Development and Alumni Relations as your Alumni ID is recorded there.
- If you are unable to locate your Alumni/Student ID, please request it by filling in this short form before registering for your graduate account.
If you are having any problems signing up, please use the contact details on our website.