Written by Kyriaki Protopapa, Employability Executive (International) at the Careers Service
Ever wonder where to start looking for roles? Or are you struggling to find vacancies that meet your needs? Here at the Careers Service we want to help you take ownership of your own career and build a successful job search strategy – part of this is knowing where to search and how to identify roles.
Below we have compiled a list of some useful websites offering positions beyond what’s already available on the University jobs portal and LinkedIn. These job portals are a great starting point to help you discover the perfect role for you – whether it’s an internship, a placement or a graduate scheme! In most cases you can filter your search criteria by type, sector and even location so you can look up opportunities both in the UK and beyond.
Our top tip: Dedicate some time for browsing at least once a week or set up email alerts so you don’t miss out on roles that meet your criteria. We find that the earlier you start looking, the more suitable opportunities you will discover, meaning you will have better chances of landing your dream job!
- Prospects – Country profiles with suggested job portals across the world
- Prospects – Sector and job insights
- UK and international roles & specific country insights: Passport Careers, free access to UoM students/grads
- UK: indeed.co.uk / milkround.com / magnet.me / reed.co.uk
- UK & Worldwide
- UK roles qualifying for sponsorship
- UK roles qualifying for sponsorship, free trial but paid otherwise: studentcircus.com/
- GradLink has dedicated job portal for UK, Europe, Gulf, ASEAN, Africa, China, India, Canada
- UK & Global with a particular focus on roles in Europe: jobteaser.com/en
- Middle East: gulftalent.com / bacme.com / akhtaboot.com / naukrigulf.com
- Africa: jobnetafrica.com / rekrute.com / findajobinafrica.com / africajobboard.com
- China: 51job.com / zhaopin.com / lockinu.com/
- India: shine.com / clickindia.com / monsterindia.com / randstad.in/jobs
Leave a Reply