Written by Jenny Sloan, Careers Consultant at The Careers Service
Tutor Trust are an award-winning charity who deliver 1:1 and small group tutoring to children and young people across Greater Manchester, Leeds and Merseyside.
Tutor Trust was recently announced as one of the partner providers who will be delivering the National Tutoring Programme (NTP), a government-funded programme to help children and young people catch up on the lost learning from the period of school closures. The charity is now recruiting recent graduates from The University of Manchester to offer tutoring in Primary School English and Maths and Secondary School Maths, English and Science.
No teaching or tutoring experience is required. Full training will be provided!
Tutoring with Tutor Trust is a great graduate option as it offers:
- Flexible working for an award-winning charity (you can build up your hours as you wish, so can work on a part- or full-time basis)
- Socially meaningful and high-impact work supporting children and young people
- Opportunities to tutor primary Maths and Reading and secondary English, Maths and Science
- Average pay £19 per hour
- A wealth of transferable skills for your CV
- Full training and ongoing support
- Online and in-person opportunities
To find out more, including application tips and hints, join The Tutor Trust’s Information Webinar on Monday, 7 December, 5.30-6pm. At this session, you will learn how to apply and what it’s like to tutor with Tutor Trust. The session will be led by a member of the recruitment team. You will also hear from current tutors.
And speaking of current tutors, why not listen to Craig, a current tutor and recent Drama and English tutor from The University of Manchester, as he reflects on the benefits of working for The Tutor Trust.
For more information, please have a look at the following blog articles: