So here we are at the dawn of another decade. Resolutions have been made and possibly broken already! Here’s what’s coming up in the year ahead.
- If you don’t have exams it’s a good time to get started thinking about the year ahead. Have you considered getting work experience or what you might want to do after University? Talk to us about how to get started.
- If you applied for jobs in Semester 1 you may have interviews & assessment centres
- If you have made applications but not been selected for interviews, keep positive, get some advice, and try again.
Lots of activities to help you re-energise, kick off your job search or just build up some skills.
- It’s not too late to apply for summer internships & experience.
- You can still apply for a placement or year in industry opportunities.
- Student Experience Internships open for applications
- 10- 21 Feb My Future Festival including
- The Fair – graduate jobs, student placements & internships.
- China Fair.
- Big Careers Drop in.
- 10 – 16 Feb Student volunteering week
- International Development and Humanitarian Careers event
- Get ready for Easter vacation – consider work shadowing opportunities or volunteering.
- Events continue… including The Environmental Careers Event
28 March – 19 April Easter vacation period.
April / May
- Many of you will be preparing for exams and handing in assignments & dissertations.
- Manchester Graduate Talent Internships starting early summer will start being advertised.
- Graduate jobs and summer opportunities will be available, many smaller companies will start advertising now.
June / July
- YAY summer officially starts! Take a break, relax, but don’t miss out on the opportunities you may have been waiting for. It’s the time when all those last minute opportunities for a September start are advertised! Keep an eye on CareersLink – set up job alerts