Closing date for applications: 29 May 2017 Interviews will be held June 8th.
The University of Manchester Careers Service is looking to recruit a number of Applications Advisers, working as part of the busy careers team to provide 1-1 advice to students and graduates on their job application techniques. See http://www.careers.manchester.ac.uk/services/applicationsadvice/
We employ a pool of applications advisers to provide services at busy times of year. Joining the pool does not guarantee hours every week but also offers you the flexibility to work when you are available.
This role is part-time, initially for the first semester with the possibility of extending into the second semester.
- Applications Advisers work half days: 9.15-12.45 & 1-4.30 or full days 9.15-4.30 (with half hour lunch break).
- We would anticipate individual advisers work 1 to 4 half day sessions per week. Hours will vary according to levels of demand from students.
- The rate of pay will be £9.32 per hour.
The role includes
Delivering 15 minute individual face to face appointments to students and recent graduates.
- Giving feedback covering the content and format of their CV, cover letters, application forms, LinkedIn and personal statements for further study.
Full training will be given. This role would suit someone looking to go into advice / guidance work / HR or recruitment.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Experience of delivering 1-1 advice
· Experience of delivering feedback
· The ability to manage your time and client expectations
· A clear understanding of, and the ability to identify with, the undergraduate job search experience
· A strong commitment to excellent customer service
· High standard of written and spoken communication skills; including listening skills, the ability to relate to the student and show understanding, persuasion and good written presentation
· The ability to deal effectively with people, requiring tact, courtesy, empathy and patience
· An excellent command of the English language
Closing date for applications: 29 May 2017 Interviews will be held June 8th. Training workshops plus practical training will take place during Summer before a start date in September. For further details/informal enquiries contact: Sarah Mallen firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email your CV with a covering letter explaining your interest and why you would like to be considered for the post. Please state in your cover letter your availability to work. Days of the week – am or pm. Preference will be given to applicants who are flexible and available for full days or multiple half days.
Return to: email@example.com