This is a very useful post, courtesy of our colleague Suzanne Creeber.
The Alumni Search tool will allow you to search all the profiles of all Manchester students and graduates on LinkedIn.
- Select My Network > Find Alumni from the menu options across the top of the page
- You can search Alumni profiles using the following criteria:
- Search the set of Alumni profiles using a key word
- Search for profiles between specific dates (attended or graduated)
- You can also search depending on where they live, work, what they do, what they studied and what they are skilled in (the last two can be viewed using the arrow icons at the side of the bar charts). You can also click on the individual bars to search within the results.
Sometimes when you search for profiles on LinkedIn, it only displays limited information and says you need to upgrade to see more. Here’s how to get round it:
- Copy the text in the headline (e.g. Future Leaders Programme at GSK) and the location (St Albans)
- LOG OUT OF LINKEDIN
- Paste this text into Google plus the word LinkedIn
- You should find the person’s profile in the results (with their name), and view the full profile in LinkedIn