NB: Before applying you are expected to have experienced the Applications Advice service as a client and/or observed a session – your experience will form part of the interview. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the job?
The University of Manchester Careers Service is looking to recruit a number of Applications Advisers for Academic Year 2015-16, working as part of a busy careers team to provide 1-1 advice to students and graduates on their job application techniques.
After training, you will provide applications advice to students and graduates during one-to-one appointments. This includes content and format of their CV, cover letters, application forms, LinkedIn and personal statements for further study.
Will there be training?
Yes (and paid!) – see the full job advert for more details.
What are the hours?
Hours will vary according to levels of demand from students. Applications Advisers work half days: 9.15-12.45 & 1-4.30 or full days 9.15-4.30 (with half hour lunch break). The ability to work flexibly is essential. This role is part-time, initially for the first semester with the possibility of extending into the second semester.
What does the job pay?
The rate of pay will be £9.11 per hour.
Who are you looking for?
The post would be particularly appropriate for a postgraduate student or someone who is similarly familiar with the undergraduate career search experience. This position is likely to appeal to someone with an interest in developing a career in human resources, recruitment or advice and guidance. Prior recruitment experience would be an advantage.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- The ability to manage your time and client expectations
- A clear understanding of, and the ability to identify with, the undergraduate job search experience
- A strong commitment to excellent customer service
- High standard of written and spoken communication skills; including listening skills, the ability to relate to the student and show understanding, persuasion and good written presentation
- The ability to deal effectively with people, requiring tact, courtesy, empathy and patience
- An excellent command of the English language
How do find I out more and apply?
Applications Advisers Vacancy Advert 2015 (PDF)
For further details/informal enquiries contact: Sarah Mallen or Dominic Laing on 0161 275 2828
Leave a Reply