The Atrium is a collaboration between Careers & the Student Information Advice & Guidance team. So it’s a one stop shop for careers, money advice plus advice on studying abroad and and wellbeing advice.
We have now been in situ about 6 weeks and we are working out how to best use our new location to best effect.
What services can I access?
- Help you research career options.
- Talk to you about finding part time work.
- Help you find out about postgraduate study and funding.
- Show you how to use CareersLink to find jobs or search the events.
- Give you advice on interview preparation.
- Advise you on best practice on making applications or writing a CV.
We also make referrals to other appointment based services that we offer.
- Applications advice – help with CVs, application forms, cover letters and personal statements both for jobs and further study.
- Careers guidance appointments – anything from “I don’t know what I want to do” to the specifics of getting into a particular career or getting relvant experience.
We also have a Careers library with loads of takeaway guides plus reference books and journals covering as many career and professional areas as possible.
So take the plunge come on up and see us.
Where is the Atrium?
It’s on the first floor just near the lifts.
You can visit the Information zone where we have displays of takeaway guides, different ones depending on the time of year. It’s just a taster of what’s upstairs!