Saturday, 26th October, 2013 saw the first China Graduate Recruitment Fair take place at The University of Manchester. A collaborative event in partnership with The Universities of Leeds, Lancaster and Aston and The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the fair provided a great opportunity for 23 organisations from both China and the UK to meet Chinese talent. Over 550 Chinese students attended on the day, mainly from the 4 partner universities, and benefited from:
– Career workshops from The British Council China & Zhaopin.com
– A career panel session with opportunities to ask questions of panelists from firms including Decathlon China, Global Career Company, Mandarin Consultant and CRCC Asia.
– A series of career presentations delivered by recruiters including Bosch China, BDO, ACCA, Nu Skin.
– A recruitment exhibition including firms such as Manchester Airport Group, Freshfields, Selfridges, Powerlink, Youngs China Investment Co. Ltd and many more.
If you missed the fair….
..Don’t worry, you can catch up on the information delivered and the vacancies available.
– A video of the panel session and workshops will be coming soon (NB) The workshops were delivered in Mandarin and the panel in English.
– Recruiters’ details can be seen online at: http://www.careers.manchester.ac.uk/students/international/thechinarecruitmentfair2013/
Feedback on the day:
The fair was very well received by both the exhibitors and students:
“Thank you for offering us the great opportunity last weekend at the China Careers Fair” – PhD Student, The University of Manchester
“It was the most exciting job fair we attended in the UK and we received 100 – 150 applications! Thankyou” – Decathlon China
“The students were smart, respectful, very engaged and driven. A great opportunity to attract Chinese students to work for our brand” – Selfridges
“Brilliant organisation and a great range of employers” – Careers Service, Aston University
Stay in touch:
-To stay in touch with job opportunities in the UK and overseas, please use Careerslink ( Manchester’s jobs and events database) at www.manchester.ac.uk/careerslink For jobs requiring language skills, please search Careerslink for “Language requirements” and set up to receive emails of future vacancies. For jobs in China, please search Careerslink for jobs in “Asia” and set up to receive emails of future vacancies.
-We also post messages on our International Students Careers Blog and Facebook group for international students too, when we hear about particular employers and vacancies that may be of interest. Dont forget our China Career pages at: http://www.careers.manchester.ac.uk/students/findingwork/overseas/china/ and our networking group (The China Manchester Graduate Network) for Chinese students to link with over 500 fellow Chinese alumni, employers and students – you can link to this from: http://www.careers.manchester.ac.uk/students/international/whatsonoffer/
Amanda Conway is the Head of International Career Development at The University of Manchester. Amanda has been a career consultant at the University for over 15 years and also has a background in retail management and HR, psychometric testing and personality profiling.