Students from all schools, and subject areas are interested in going into the media and related areas. It’s an area that is notoriously hard to break into so we set up the media club to help you make the most of our connections to explore the opportunities and find out about the routes in.
This year media club has a new format – it has moved from the blog to Facebook.
It’s a bit more immediate, and easier to access so you can get all those important updates direct to your phone, tablet or good old fashioned PC.
So… What is media club?
- It is exclusively for University of Manchester students, so that you get the advantage!
- It covers: film, TV, journalism,music, publishing and related fields, such as PR and advertising.
- Leading industry practitioners are invited each month to speak about key topics, their careers and getting into the sector.
- You will also get alerts to oppotunities, vacancies and other related events.
- Sessions are normally held on weekday evenings between 5pm-6.30pm (ish)
- To join – register on the Facebook Group.
- You can also follow Media club on Twitter @mcrmediaclub
The First session of the year is tomorrow 2nd Oct
They will be taking you through how the Media Club can help you, what sessions are planned and answering any questions you might have about careers in the media. All you need to do is turn up! (This is open to all students within the University). You can sign up for this introductory event on CareersLink.
Leave a Reply