If you would like a career in the University sector, but don’t want to be an academic the Graduate Programme for University Leadership could be for you. Only a limited number of universities are participating but Manchester is one of them!
About the Programme
You’ll be employed by your old University and will take part in a 15-month programme split into three placements. The first and last of these will be based at your host university, while the middle placement (4.5 months) will take you to a different partner university in the region (for Manchester grads this will be either Liverpool or Lancaster).
The type of work you’ll be involved in will be project-based and wide-ranging, offering many diverse and challenging opportunities. The aim is for you to complete a variety of different projects and in many cases you will be able to see the results of your work being implemented across the university. You will also have the opportunity to study towards a Post Graduate Certificate and gain credits towards an MBA.
The first roles you do could include:
- Recruitment and External Engagement Officer – Working with students, employers, alumni and university staff to promote the university and build relationships with key partners.
- Research Projects Coordinator – Managing a range of research projects from various research funding agencies and sponsors.
- Student Experience Officer – Developing innovative ways of supporting students to make the most of their time at university.
- Registry Executive Officer – Supporting the day-to-day operation of the Office of the Head of Registry, including managing correspondence, undertaking research and liaising with senior university staff.
Senior jobs you could work towards include:
- Chief Operating Officer
- Deputy Chief Executive
- Head of Student Recruitment
- Director of Research and Innovation
- UK or EU citizen. NEW 20/8/2013 – The hiring of international applicants will be subject to successful visa sponsorship.
- Graduated from one of the partner universities in the last 5 years, with at least a 2:1 in in any subject.
- Open to both graduates of both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
The vacancy opens on 5th August 2013 and closes on 13th September 2013. Trainees will commence employment in January 2014. Find out more and apply on the Ambitious Futures website. UPDATE 13/9 – Deadline has been extended to 20th September.