Exams are over and results will soon be out. Hard though it may be to believe your student days are just about over!
So what comes next? If you are reading this blog you are likely either undecided about your next step and/or looking for a job. I thought it might be useful to outline the information and support that your Careers Service offers you.
We have an extensive website. Here are some useful sections to start you off:
- Next steps after graduation – explore the possibilities
- Career sectors – explore what careers are out there and how to get into them. For each we give you our recommended links for further reading.
- Getting started – if you are undecided about your career goals, this is the place to start.
We have over 750 full time jobs listed right now on CareersLink. Search by job role, type or organisation and or location. If you have a language skill you can search for jobs asking for that language. Or if you don’t know what you want search all and browse to see if anything appeals to you.
- Update your details to maintain access to CareersLink
- Guides to using CareersLink (download and video)
We frequently come across additional opportunities which have not been formally advertised on CareersLink. We circulate these via Twitter and Facebook. @UoMGrads2013 is the Twitter account specifically for Manchester 2013 graduates.
Support, advice and guidance
You might find it useful to have a chat with us if:
- You are unsure what you want to do
- You know what you would like to do but need help devising a strategy on how to achieve your goals
- You have been trying to find a job but need to check you are doing the right things
- You are feeling discouraged and need some fresh ideas
- You need advice on a specific topic
Start by contacting the Information team (visit in person or phone 0161 275 2829 every weekday 9am-5pm). If we can answer your questions then and there we will, if we think you would benefit from an appointment with a Careers Consultant we will book you in.
If you would like feedback on a draft application you can also book online.
Help at a distance
We can still help even if you have left Manchester, or are working full-time. We offer application feedback via email and appointments via telephone (or Skype subject to availability).
Leave a Reply