This session, led by a publishing professional, is an opportunity to find about the diverse opportunities in publishing for graduates, routes in, work experience, what employers look for and recent developments in the sector. You’ll also have the chance to ask questions.
By attending this session, you will:
– Develop a good overview of the publishing sector and career opportunities and roles for graduates;
– Learn about what publishing organisations look for in graduates, including relevant skills, qualities, work experience and qualifications.
– Find out how the sector is changing in the digital age, including the use of social media, e-books etc
– Learn where to look for job opportunities and work experience and get tips on how to impress publishing recruiters
– Have the opportunity to put your questions about careers in publishing to an experienced publishing professional
Time 14:30 – 15:30
Date 30th April 2013
Venue Learning Commons Training Room, Alan Gilbert Learning Commons.
Sign up is essential. Please make a booking through the following link http://bit.ly/VvI3Yh