If you’re sick of the cold here is a great opportunity to get away from it all and more importantly get some great work experience.
The UKIERI Work Placement Programme run in association with the University of Dundee re-opened on the on the 18th March 2013, offering recent UK graduates (within the last 2 years) the opportunity to take a 6 month paid internship with a multinational company in India. As part of the programme you will also work towards the Global Internship Graduate Certificate India (GIGCI)
Internships will be matched so that they relate to your degree and/or you career aspirations. You’ll have the chance to undertake a project with an organisation in India which will be mutually beneficial helping then to achieve their business aims and helping you develop and make use of the skills, knowledge and experiences. Throughout the internship you will be given support from workplace supervisors and university tutors. To cover the costs of accommodation and travel to work training allowances are provided but please note that not all costs associated with the programme may be free.
Global Internship Graduate Certificate India
The programme consists of two credit bearing modules:
1. Preparation and Planning (20 credits) – Taken prior to the internship this module aims to develop your self-awareness and career management skills, as well as giving you an insight into UK and international working cultures.
2. Internship and development (40 credits) – Combines the internship with the development of the career planning skills you will need to search for you next job and manage you career in the future.
To be eligible to apply to this opportunity you must:
- Hold a UK passport
- Have a good Honours degree or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Graduated within the last 2 years from either a Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification
- Be able to gain a Indian Entry Visa
All applications need to be made through UKPASS. Along with the application form you will also need to attach an up to date CV including a CV aim and an indication of the internship/area you are interested in. You will also need to provide a copy of all Higher Education Certificates (contact Student Service Centre if you need help with documentation)
Only 20 places are available on a first come first served basis so get you applications in ASAP!