Monday 15th April is the first day of our new Applications Advice Service
During the last year we surveyed users of the Careers Service to find out what you found useful, how you would like services to be provided, and what we should call them. Thank you for your feedback it has been really useful.
The upshot is we are now providing an online booking service for you to book appointments for advice on CVs and Applications.
- Appointments will be made available for booking 1 working day in advance usually before 9am.
- You can book it online via CareersLink via “I want to … make an appointment”
- It will be a dedicated service for applications only.
- It will be called Applications Advice rather than Quick Query
What will be the same
- It’s still 15 minutes long.
- It’s still suitable for CVs, cover letters, personal statements for further study and application forms.
- You still need to bring a printed copy of your documents so that we can annotate them.
- You still need to bring information such as a job description with you so that we can assess the requirements for the job or course and therefore use the recruiters criteria to assess your application.
- It’s still one appointment per day and 4 in any 30 day period.
We hope that you find the changes make it easier for you to manage your time effectively.