New events just recently added to the programme include a ‘Freelancing’ themed event and an event for International students about the Entrepreneurs Visa.
1) Wednesday 13th February – come and hear our panel of successful local business entrepreneurs (all Manchester alumni) talking about how they’ve got where they are today and what they would do (or not do) again. This inspiring event will provide you with an opportunity to hear first-hand about how they started out in business and the lessons they’ve learned along the way.
2) On Wednesday 20th February the key theme for this one hour event is exploring individual motives for considering going it alone plus there is vital encouragement for anyone who has made it this far!!!
3) Do you want to make the world a better place? If yes then don’t miss the event on Wednesday 27th February looking at Social Enterprise.
4) Got a great business idea but are unsure what to do? Do you need a business plan? Don’t miss this practical workshop event on Wednesday 6th March.
5) Have you got a business problem? Need some advice? Make an appointment at the Business Clinic on Wednesday 6th March and talk with a specialist who will consider your symptoms and then diagnose some assistance which will help drive your business idea onto the next level
6) Considering going freelance? If you’re interested in life as your own boss come and hear about it first hand from an experienced freelancer who has worked in the events and entertainment industry. Join us on Wednesday 13th March
7) The final event is aimed at International students considering starting their own business. The Entrepreneurs Visa for International Students is taking place on Wednesday 20th March.
Places for all the events will be allocated on a first come first served basis so arrive early. Don’t forget if you wish to attend register your interest on Careerslink to get a reminder and updates or changes to this event.
Don’t worry if you can’t make the events The Careers Service can help by signposting you onto relevant experts or support. Plus we’ve got plenty of resources to explore motivation, personal suitability, business feasibility and local support organisations! Check out our web pages or make an appointment to see oone of our Careers Consultants.