For many it’s the first place you visit when you come to the Careers Service, (you may have even been here on an open day tour!)
But do you really know what it has to offer?
The Careers Resource Centre is the University’s dedicated Careers Library, it’s your space for careers research.
You can talk to an experienced information professional
at any time without appointment to get information, advice or a referral on any careers related topic! They can:
- Provide advice on your next steps. Including job seeking, postgraduate study, interview & psychometic preparation.
- Recommend information that will help you with your research.
- Refer you to guidance services or events.
Really ask us anything! (well hopefully careers related but…)
- Reference books, journals and guides on a wide range of career options – check the Careers library catalogue to see what we have.
- Information on CVs, interviews, psychometric tests and assessment centres.
- Employer directories for you to take away.
Browse the shelves or ask the information team for a recommendation.
You can access university WIFI and there is a small student computer cluster, handy when you need to practice for psychometric tests or get advice while you work on an application.
Come in this week 4th-8th Feb and get a free stationery pack
….and pick up a list of the latest events.
Researching careers and employers is not just about books and websites, sometimes it’s about meeting them too!
Leave a Reply