- We currently have 59 part-time vacancy adverts live, with new jobs every day
- Vacancies vary greatly from Photographer or Campus Ambassador to Private Tutors or even Multilingual Telephone Researchers, it’s not all retail, restaurant and bar work!
- Search CareersLink for vacancies.
Retail chain websites
Large retailers often have their own Christmas or part-time recruitment pages so you could google these. Here are a few to get you started:
- Debenhams (who have received record application numbers but will post alerts for any new jobs)
- The Entertainer
- John Lewis
- Marks & Spencer
- Royal Mail
- As always with part-time and seasonal work, using the web isn’t always the most productive way to job hunt. For retail work in particular, go to shops and ask inside if there are jobs available.
- Don’t just look along Oxford Road and Fallowfield, get right into the city centre and large leisure/shopping areas like the Arndale Centre, The Triangle and Spinningfields off Deansgate.
- Try further out locations like Didsbury, Stockport and the Trafford Centre – all accessible from a short bus or train ride.
- Use your contacts! Friends, family, anyone you know… You never know who works for a business that needs part-time staff, or knows someone who does.
For more advice check our part-time job hunting page with other useful job sites and a downloadable guide to finding part-time and temporary jobs.