The UKIERI Work Placement Programme and the Global Internship Graduate Certificate (GIGC-I) aims to provide recently qualified UK graduates with an opportunity to live and work in India to develop a greater understanding of Indian culture in the business world. It is aimed at graduates within two years of graduation, and could help you launch your career, find ways to further develop your career path or gain experience in a new multi-cultural business climate and culture.
You would undertake career planning modules at Dundee University in January 2013 before flying out to India at the end of the month for a 3-5 month paid internship with a multi-national organisation in India.
You would be matched to an internship opportunity which relates to your degree and/or compliments your career aspirations. During your internship, you would undertake a project which is beneficial to your placement host and which also helps you to develop or make full use of your skills, knowledge and experience.
- UK passport holder
- Eligible to gain an Indian tourist visa
- Graduated in any subject within last 2 years from undergraduate or postgraduate degree from any UK university
Costs and payments
- Course fees are waived for the January 2013 intake.
- All placements attract a training allowance for each month of the placement. This will be used to pay for accommodation and commuting costs to place of work in India.
- Successful applicants will have to fund their own flight, travel insurance, visa application fee and living expenses, which will be approximately £2,000. A further deposit of £300 will be required to pay for accommodation in the event of student leaving programme early. This will be returned on arrival back to UK.
UPDATE 28 November: Only 10 spaces left apply ASAP!