I know there is a lot of interest in the NHS graduate entry programmes (which are also very suitable for postgraduates – particularly the Scientist posts), so here’s the latest update from our NHS careers contact.
The closing date is 10.00 am on 3rd December 2012 – get your skates on if you’re going to apply (that last bit’s from me, not the NHS …)
Interview dates are scheduled as follows:
- Derby – Tue 22/01/13, Thu 24/01/13
- London – Mon 28/01/13, Fri 01/02/13
- Leeds – Mon 04/02/13, Fri 08/02/13
Assessment Centre, in Rugby – 11th – 15th March 2013.
According to the Graduate Management Scheme’s Facebook page, they don’t think that there will be a Graduate Management Scheme in Wales this year (they tend to have an intake every other year).
How to keep up in touch:
The website – NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme
The Scheme has also launched a Facebook app
By phone – the number for the NHS Graduate Management Scheme is 0845 300 1426
The Scheme’s events page on Facebook lists any remaining events in this recruitment round (though most of them have already passed)
The application cycle for 2013 entry will probably open in January/February 2013. However, this has not yet been confirmed and there are no details about the number of places that are likely to be offered.
The most current information about the 2012 recruitment cycle, including FAQs, is on the NHS Careers main website at:
Unofficial NHS STP info:
If you want any more info, I wrote a couple of posts for last year’s programme:
- NHS Scientist Training Programme – Apply This Week, including details of last year’s essay questions, and
- NHS Scientist Training Programme, including info from someone who got through the recruitment process, the numbers who applied and a document with advice to the interviewers!
These are still some of the most popular posts I’ve ever written, so might be worth a look, until we’ve got some more info to go on.